with Myrica Morningstar
Ayurvedic Theory and Practices for Massage Therapists
You will receive a thorough introduction to Ayurvedic theory and practical applications in a clinical setting.
You will learn to see through the eyes of Ayurveda in order to choose the optimum types of massage for each of your clients, the most beneficial oils to use to bring the most balance to them, along with a banquet of delicious Ayurvedic Therapies that will broaden your scope of practice dramatically.
You will learn:
- Ayurvedic massage~ Abhyanga (in tandem and/or solo)
- Swedana (sweating) therapies
- Garshana~ Dry massage
- Udvartana~ Herbal scrub and lymphatic massage for weight loss
- Basti treatments to open, clear and strengthen specific areas of your client’s body; the heart, the low back, the womb, the knees, the neck and the eyes
- Nasya- To open and clear the sinuses and address the mind
- Karna Purna~ Ear treatment to calm vata
Ayurveda & Yoga for A Joyful Life
A thorough introduction to Ayurvedic Theory for The Yoga Teacher
Ayurveda was developed for the purpose of maintaining optimum health so one can continue with their practice of Yoga on the path of enlightenment without distraction from physical, mental or emotional imbalance.
Learn to take your class deeper into the Vedic Sciences and lifestyle Practices of Yoga and Ayurveda. Become adept at leading meditations, visualizations, pranayama practice as well as being able to guide each of your students in lifestyle practices that will enhance balance and well being. This class is a mix of theory and hands on practices.